Healthcare doesn’t have to be one of the nation’s most dangerous professions.
“More workers are injured in the healthcare and social assistance industry sector than any other. Nursing aides, orderlies and attendants had the highest rates of musculoskeletal disorders of all occupations…”
–U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The vast majority of injuries and illnesses that occur in healthcare settings are preventable, yet healthcare workers continue to get hurt at higher rates than in most other industries. It’s our job to help protect healthcare employees who are exposed to hazards every day on the job while taking care of patients.
As an occupational health services company owned and operated by physicians, WorkCare has a particular affinity for the healthcare workforce. Our entire team is committed to the highest possible standards of medical care, monitoring and service delivery.
Our specialized services include:
- Initial risk assessment and counseling following bloodborne pathogen exposures and arranging employee and source testing
- Board-certified physicians and occupational health nurses adept at risk assessment and follow-up management for exposures to infectious diseases, including tuberculosis
- Proven ability to expeditiously perform baseline and annual medical exams for healthcare provider credentialing
- Ergonomic evaluations and safe patient handling guidance
- Wellness and behavioral health programs
To learn more about how WorkCare can help reinforce your commitment to healthcare workforce well-being, contact us today.