We help reduce exposure risks for contingent and temporary workers.
“Temporary staffing agencies and host employers share control over the employee, and are therefore jointly responsible for temp employees’ safety and health. It is essential that both employers comply with all relevant OSHA requirements.”
–Dr. David Michaels, Assistant Secretary of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health
Many companies rely on temporary and contingent workers to supplement the permanent workforce. OSHA recently entered into an alliance with the American Staffing Association to improve temporary worker protections and educate employers about their responsibilities under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. As part of OSHA’s temporary worker initiative, site inspectors now routinely ask temp workers if they have been adequately trained on safety protocols in their native language.
WorkCare is well prepared to help temporary staffing agencies and host employers comply with regulations and best practices, reduce liability and protect all workers from exposures on the job.
Our specialized services for staffing agencies and host employers include:
- 24/7 telephonic and online access to occupational health physicians and nurses for injury management consultations
- Workplace risk assessment and education
- Medical surveillance management for all applicable hazards
- Access to specialized physical exams and personal protective equipment fit testing
- Ergonomic interventions to reduce musculoskeletal complaints
- Drug and alcohol screening and prevention
- TravelCare® for employees with international assignments
Contact WorkCare today to learn more about how we can assist you with temporary and contingent worker protections.